Thanx For Visiting........

Thanks for visiting my blog and you are more than welcome to contribute by commenting on the post.

Moments Cherished

Monday, September 28, 2009

Life's a vacation....(Life abroad)

Born in India.

Moved to Canada(temporarily)...Just like everyone, i was also fascinated by the way people treat their life.Lotz have been discussed about how independent they are even in their 80s or how much importance they give for pet animals(cats nd dogs) or their weekend parties or the way they enjoy their summer. Just like most of the indians here, for me also friends became everything. Most of the weekends will be spent with friends. The weekends will be scheduled like movie nights, barbeques, game nights, taking trips during the long weekends, etc...We also try and find some reason for a gathering. Here, i would like to share some of my experience while traveling to some amazing places.


Niagara::
I have always dreamt about going to Niagara with my "Someone Special". Well, what to say my dream came true. I've heard people always say "Love is in the air". I could literally feel it there.It was an breath taking view. It took few moments for me to come to reality. There i was, standing in front of the lake, holding his hands and enjoying the view. The ride in the cruise(Maid of the mist) was awesome. The weather was perfect. The boat was so close to the falls, it felt like we were in the middle of the Tornado. The journey behind the falls was also amzing. In the night we had a pleasent walk and enjoyed the spectacular fireworks. It couldnt be any better.

Thousand Island:
My next trip was to Thousand island. Vow is the word that comes to my mind when i think about this trip. You could say this is where Canada and US meet. It is undoubtedly one of the most amazing place in this planet. It has a very unique combination of a the gorgeous green woods and cool water. For people who know Scuba diving or any other water sports , it is a perfect place. I enjoyed the ride in the cruise and the gorgeous scenery. I even learnt fishing here (but couldnt catch any). It is defenitely a romantic place. I was having a real nice time with my sweetheart , enjoying the spectacular view.

Ottawa:

This place is special to me just because of the fact that it is thr first international place that i've ever visited. There are so many amazing places to visit in Ottawa but i would just like to highlight my favourites. Its the Tulip festival and the Rideau lake.I love the view of the lake especially in winter. It will be completely frozen and people skate there. In summer we can see people canoeing, boating and fishing. The tulip festival is definetly worth the wait till spring. It is the highlight of the spring season in Ottawa. The romantic view of the bright tulips is such a pleasant treat for the eyes. This is captured and utilised well by various Indian directors for their films.

Quebec:

Quebec is a lovely city. I felt as if i was in a completely different country there. Most of the people speak French. We spent our valentines day in Quebec city. What shall i say, my nubby picked the right place . Even the streets in quebec city is worth watching. There's a French touch in everything. We spent the day in the museum and whale watching and we spent the evening having romantic, candle light french dinner. Initially i was reluctant to go to the museum but believe me guys it should not be missed. It is definetly not boring as it sounds. The whale watching was great too.

Toronto:

There are plenty of great places to visit in Toronto. I just want to share my favorite places. First one is Durga temple. The temple gives a feeling as if we are in India. Whenevr i feel sad, i'll visit the temple and my heart lightens. I love the beach here. Whenever the weather is good we go to the beach. Its the best place to relax. We pack the picnic baskets with Chicken drumsticks, corns etc...we find the beach as a place to reduce stress.Then ofcourse the CN tower. The birds eye view from the CN tower is a spectacular view. How many ever times i go to CN tower, i still feel little scared to look in the glass floor there.Above i like the view from my balcony in the evening.





So, these are just a few places which i've enjoyed. There are plenty of amzing places still to be visited. Vancouver is one among them. Hopefully that would be the next destination. The intresting part is that these places have to be visited in right season. However any place is an intresting place when we are with our love ones. Isn't it?....





No comments:

Post a Comment